Re: [orca-list] GDM accessible login on Ubuntu gutsy. A success!

Which speech synthesizer will be used by default in the setup you describe

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007, Luke Yelavich wrote:

Hey folks.
Just writing to let you all know that I have managed to get accessible login on GDM working with Ubuntu
Gutsy, and its quite simple. Simply follow the following steps.

1. Open /etc/gdm/gdm.conf in the editor of your choice.
2. Find the following lines, and remove the # from the beginning of each line:

3. Restart gdm.

To use Orca with speech only, press Control S for 1 second. To use magnification, press control M for 1
second. To use speech and magnification, press either Control O or Control G for 1 second.

These commands are adjustable in /etc/gdm/modules/AccessKeyMouseEvents. The syntax is explained at the top
of the file.

I hope to get this better integrated for Ubuntu hardy, to the point where accessibility is launched by
default, if the user so desires.

Hope this helps some.
- --
Luke Yelavich
GPG key: 0xD06320CE
Email & MSN: themuso themuso com
Jabber: themuso jabber org au
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)

Orca-list mailing list
Orca-list gnome org
Visit for more information on Orca

This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail legal notice, and implemented
Open Document Format (ODF) standard.