Re: [orca-list] Audio Files

Hello

I put in an audio cd and started playing a track using sound juicer. When I pressed spacebar over the track, or pressed ctrl p, The music started playing, and speech stopped. When I paused, still no speech. When I quit the program, still no speech. I had to press alt f2 orca to make it start up again. I then tried the same thing and pressed orca s to stop speech. It didn't work. I couldn't even get it to stop speaking.

Strange that another thing that has happened is when I start programs like update manager, or bit torrent, and start using them, speech will rondomly stop. And when it stops, I cannot start it up again. When I press alt f2 orca, it says welcome to orca, and something like "desktop frame" and then does nothing. I have to either log out and back in, or restart the whole machine to make speech come back.

Justin Harford

"A man's memory is bound to be a distortion of his past in accordance with his present interests, and the most faithful autobiography is likely to mirror less what a man was than what he has become."

Fawn M. Brodie