Re: [orca-list] Audio files

Herman, which key is the orca key?

Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "Hermann" <steppenwolf2 onlinehome de>
To: <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 9:51 AM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Audio files

Hi Justin,
I guess Orca didn't crash? Do you use a braille display? If not, you will
get the impression that Orca has crashed, because the speech is muted as
soon as you start playing a file.
Do you use Espeak with Gnome-speech? If so, I guess the "crash" has its
cause in this fact.
What happens when you close the file? Does Orca come back?
Workaround: Press Orcakey+S to silence the speech, then press enter to
start your file. After closing press Orcakey+S again. Try it, does this
work?
BTW: When you have all the audio codecs installed propperly, Rhythmbox also
should play your audio files.
Hermann