To: <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 5:14 AM
Subject: [orca-list] Word processing, email, web browsing & MP3's

Hi folks,

I am just now wanting to try out Orca with Ubuntu. Can anyone give me an
idea of how easy it is to use this to read email, browse the web, and
play my MP3 files? Oh, yes, and write the occasional word processing
and/or spread sheet documents?

So far, the only screen reader for Linux I have tried has been speak up
with a Slackware Linux installation, and my old Doubletalk internal
speech synthesizer. What speech synthesizers does Orca use, and how
difficult it is to set up for a Linux beginner, who is primarily used to
running windows?

Thanks.

!~Ann