[orca-list] help!!!

Hello fellow listers, I'm a newby to this list, and have a couple issues I'm hoping to get some help with. First of all, I'm using Ubuntu 7.04, and am running orca through the default gnome-speech driver. The speech sounds a little choppy (ex: When I'm scrolling through the applications menu, I may her 'ternet' instead of Internet, and 'ccessories' instead of accessories. I know there is an experimental backend for speech-dispatcher, but I cannot figure out 1. where to put the .py file I downloaded (I have it in /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/orca).
2. Do I want speechdispatcherfactory to be the only one listed in settings.py?
And for my last issue, whenever I try to launch something that requires admin, I get a error that refers to alsa, and says something about a slave device. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Guy