Re: [orca-list] Again: Orca and internet radio

Hi hermann,

Yesterday and today I've tested again, and I discovered a strange
phenomenon: While RB tries to play the stream, the following line
appears when I type:
ps aux
hermann   6865  0.0  0.5   3920  1376 ?        S    10:47
0:00 /usr/bin/wget -q -t 0 -O /dev/null -w 2 http://localhost:20433
When I kill Orca, the line has gone, the same when I kill RB. When I
kill wget, Orca is gone too.
What has wget to do with all that, and why does it connect to
localhost:20433, the port Orca uses when acting as local TTS server?
This is the Orca watchdog. You can find the following comment in
the /usr/bin/orca bash shell script:

# The watchdog will periodically ping Orca to see if it is responding.
# If orca isn't responding, the watchdog will kill the Orca process.
# The watchdog logic requires 'wget' ...

You kill Orca, and the Orca script will automatically stop the watchdog.

This is nothing to do with TTS.