Re: [orca-list] Accessible Edgy install

Hermann,
I'll have to take a look at that option.  Perhaps it should be included
in the orca wiki.

Chris
On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 09:41:09AM +0100, hermann wrote:
Hello Chris,
I have no workaround for the silence of speech, but an alternative for
installing Ubuntu:
Visit:
http://www.linux-fuer-blinde.de/pub/ubuntu
and download the alternate CD.
It is no live CD, but when you boot from it and you have a braille
display connected via USB, it appears and you are guided to the whole
install procedure with braille support, however without speech.
Note: Although the site is German, I think you can find your way to the
right file, because it is only a directory and contains almost no text.
BTW: There are also Feisty iso images.
Regards
Hermann