[orca-list] Why? Was: Why ?

Luke Yelavich wrote:
On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 09:00:10PM EST, Hermann wrote:
Hi,
the subject almost tells the story: You've added a prefix, why? In the
subject there used to be the word "Orca", and in my view that's enugh.
I don't like to hear always that "[Orca-list]". How do others think about
it?

Personally, I prefer no prefix in subject lines, as mailman lists provide useful headers to allow me to filter my mail, and its one more thing that has to be read however I do understand why others prefer to have a prefix, and not just for filtering reasons.

I suggested to Will that it should be changed to something like "[orca]" or "Orca list:" because I would occasionally see subject lines like "Orca orca ate my homework",
and thought it might be a tad confusing to blind users just using speech.

Personally I like the ability to sort by Subject so that all the Orca messages are right together and I can read them easily. I realize I could easily achieve the
same with filtering.

But this is a democratic list. Or at least it was the last time I checked. So...
I throw it open to the list and we'll go with the majority.

Votes so far:

Hermann - just "Orca".
Luke - nothing at all:
Rich - "[orca-list]"

Thanks.

PS: Note that we've also added:

at the bottom of each message. This is to encourage Orca users to check
out the Orca wiki first, to see if their question has been answered there.