Re: Orca Error at session startup

Hi Bart:

Are things looking any better on the bleeding edge today? I just did a fresh install of Feisty from last night, and things are looking OK. I'm wrestling with a problem updating x11-common right now, but a separate message mixed in the bazillion messages I received today seems to indicate Ubuntu knows about the problem and has fixed it.

Will

Bart Bunting wrote:
Willie,

at-spi version 1.17.2 has hit feisty.  I upgraded to it this morning
with no change.

I have also tried creating a new user just in case it was something in
my gconf settings or the like.

When I create a new user orca runs as expected in setup mode and then
after logging out and back in again I get the same error message.

The .xsession-errors file doesn't appear to contain anything useful:
/etc/gdm/PreSession/Default: Registering your session with wtmp and utmp
/etc/gdm/PreSession/Default: running: /usr/X11R6/bin/sessreg -a -w /var/log/wtmp -u /var/run/utmp -x "/var/lib/gdm/:0.Xservers" -h
"" -l ":0" "test"
/etc/gdm/Xsession: Beginning session setup...
.
Any pointers/ideas on what to look at next?

Bart