From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org]On
Behalf Of Joanmarie Diggs
Sent: 07 March 2007 15:25
To: krister kristersplace ws; Orca MailingList
Subject: Re: Orca Access to system administration apps (Re: has it ben
fixed)

Hi Krister.

I'm a proud Feisty user, but it still doesn't work, sob...

Drat!  For whatever it's worth, I just tried the .orbitrc thing on my
Feisty desktop and it didn't work.  However, it works on my laptop.  My
laptop is a clean/normal install of Feisty.  My desktop has had various
and sundry patches to at-spi and other packages applied to it over the
past couple of months.  So I don't know if the reason it works on my
laptop is because I haven't messed anything up there, or if something
else is going on.... Sorry!

I am fairly certain that Mike Pedersen and Al Puzzuoli have also gotten
this working.  So, guys, ideas?  Is there something I'm missing??

Or rather, what should i be expecting?

You should expect synaptic and the other tools to be accessible -- as if
you weren't logged in as root.  You should expect it to just work.

Take care.
Joanie