Re: Orca Speech-dispatcher with ibmtts cannot speak Chineses correctly.

éçæ wrote:
As title. I've modified all config files for language to "zh". But it just
say each single byte. Doesn't speech-dispatcher support mult-bytes input?

Hello, Speech Dispatcher certainly does.  I'm not sure, however,
whether this is handled correctly by the IBMTTS driver or some other
component on the way.  Did you have a success with any other synth?

I'd first try running the spd-say program on command line, passing it
some chinese text in UTF-8.  If that doesn't work, the problem is in the
Speech Dispatcher.

Let me know off the list if you want to experiment a little more...

Best regards, Tomas.