Re: Orca Access to system administration apps (Re: has it ben fixed)

Hi Chris.

The Orca list is another one of those where the reply-to is the individual rather than the list. Hope you don't mind me CCing the group.

How do you upgrade to feisty? I tried going in as root and doing
update-manager -c -d, but got a load of "connection reset by peer"
messages.

What I do is edit my /etc/apt/sources.list and do a find and replace, changing all instances of edgy to feisty. As a reminder: While Feisty is coming along quite nicely these days, it's still pre-release. I wouldn't make the switch unless you've backed up everything and can live with having to do a full system reinstall. Mind you, the likelihood of your needing to do something so drastic is not great. But you never know... <smile>

Hope this helps!
Joanie