[orca-list] Scott Haeger waves Hi

Hi All. I am recent addition to the Orca community. I was previously working as a software developer on the Linux Screen Reader (LSR) project under a Mozilla grant. IBM's recent decision to cease funding of LSR has prompted my switch to the Orca project. I am very excited to be able to bring many of the best LSR ideas to Orca. My efforts with LSR focused on a Braille device interface and a Firefox extension module. In Orca, I will first be focusing on adding features, such as link previews, page summaries and bookmarks, to the Firefox script. Feedback on these features is certainly welcome. Later, I will be working on integration of ARIA support into Orca. Finally, I hope to optimize many parts of Orca using the Collection interface.

Throughout my career I have been an advocate for open source libraries and end-user applications. I was one of the early adopters of scalable vector graphics and wrote a human machine interface package based on this technology. This effort propelled my interest in user interfaces and usability in general. Interest in accessibility has been a natural extension. I am an active reporter on Mozilla accessibility bugs and I regularly assist Mozilla developers in accessibility related issues. I received my Bachelor's degree in biology from the University of South Florida, a Master's degree in microbiology from the University of Texas at Austin and another Master's degree in computer science from the University of South Florida.