Re: [orca-list] heeeellllllp

Guy Schlosser wrote:
Hey there Halim, and thanks for the response. I now have speech-dispatcher selectable, but something went wrong somewhere. I could not click OK in preferences, and the only way to exit was to use alt+f4. Now, I have no speech. Where in the heck did I go wrong with this one? Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Guy, I'm not sure what may have gone wrong, but you can solve this situation by hand edititng your ~/.orca/user-settings.py file.

For Speech Dispatcher, you should have there:

orca.settings.speechServerFactory = 'orca.speechdispatcherfactory'
orca.settings.speechServerInfo = ['Speech Dispatcher Server (default)',
                                  'default']

The last two lines being one...

On my system I sometimes got to this situation because the Gnome Speech Festival driver went nuts with 100% CPU usage. I wonder if there is a way to disable the Festival driver in Gnome Speech.

Best regards, Tomas