[orca-list] speech-dispatcher and python

Hi all, I got speech-dispatcher 0.6.2 up and running. I used someone's hack on this list, and set user to root in init.d/speech-dispatcher. Are the python bindings included when you build s-d from source? If so, mine are not, what did I do wrong? When I envoke python and type import speechd, I get an error. I'm thinking about grabbing the latest cvs snapshot and trying to recompile, so that I can get my ttsynth package to work. Should the python bindings be there also? As always, thanks in advance for the help.

Guy