Re: [orca-list] Other keys for orca keyboard commands

Hi:

I think it is impossible via the preferences GUI, but it it possible by
editing your user-settings.py or orca-customizations.py file.  The
following, for example, should turn your 'w', 'i', and 'l' keys into the
Orca modifier (nobody needs those letters anyway):

orca.settings.orcaModifierKeys = ["w", "i", "l"]

How would I define the Windows keys? Do I have to define both right and
left?

I tend to run xev, press the keys I care about, and look at the output.
It's kind of cryptic and presents a lot of information to read through,
but I generally can find what I need.

On my Toshiba Tecra M2 laptop with Ubuntu Feisty, I see the Windows key
is bound to "Super_L".

Will