Re: [orca-list] Ibmtts and Orca.

Luke Yelavich writes:
I have also found that if one arros through several lines of text, or
moves through menus quickly, speech is not interrupted as you go. I.e,
speech overlaps, due to ALSA being used, and previous speech not being

I have seen this on Fedora as well, but I haven't been able to pin down
what triggers the problem, meaning that this is a problem on some
machines, and not on others. I'm hoping the greater exposure, now that
TTSynth is released, will help point to the resolution of this issue.

I have almost got things ready to offer prebuilt packages of
speech-dispatcher, orca, and gnome-speech for feisty. All of these will
have support for ttsynth included, So if you don't want to go through
the hastle of building yourself, there isa solution around the corner.
- --
Luke Yelavich
GPG key: 0xD06320CE
Email & MSN: themuso themuso com
Jabber: themuso jabber org au
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)

Orca-list mailing list
Orca-list gnome org
Visit for more information on Orca

Janina Sajka,   Phone:  +1.202.595.7777;        sip:janina a11y org
Partner, Capital Accessibility LLC      http://CapitalAccessibility.Com

Chair, Open Accessibility       janina a11y org
Linux Foundation