Re: [orca-list] Introduction.

"B" == Balaram  <chess balaram gmail com> writes:

    B> Hi list, I am Balaram from India. I am now using Orca 7.4 with
    B> orca for the last couple of weeks. Though, Orca supports most of
    B> the computing activities, I found it difficult to use programs
    B> such as XMMS and skype. Orca entirely stops speaking when I try
    B> to use those programs.

Hi,

the question is what you need. For playing mp3 or ogg or other audio
format is more applications which you can use with orca, or on console
or in emacs with speechd-el support for example. My recommendation is
setup more accessibility environment such as speakup on console,
speechd-el in emacs and orca for gtk applications. Then you have more
possibilities for different needs.

    B> Then again, I couldn't read large documents in open office word
    B> processor by giving the read all command.
It can depends of synthesiser which you use, because big document can be
synthesise long time. For this is necessary send more information, which
speech system you use, which hardware configuration etc.

Finally one recommendation. If you have more problems split it to more
emails with different subject then is more easier for other follow it.

Have a nice day

--

Jan Buchal
Tel: (00420) 24 24 86 008