Re: [orca-list] Accessible multi-platform GUI toolkits

I thought I didn't mention QT4, but yes I believe it is accessible now,
but I had avoided QT for a couple of reasons. Last time I had looked
previously QT4 was being made accessible in Linux but it was unknown how
it was going to communicate to at-spi, and additionally there is the
license which has been its problem to many developers, now it can be
used for opensource software on both linux and windows but developers
must make their software GPL (prevents use of other opensource licenses,
eg. RPL). I need to confirm the licensing terms for wxPython, but I
think it would permit other opensource licenses.

From
Michael Whapples
On Thu, 2007-06-07 at 19:02 +0200, Jan Buchal wrote:
"MW" == Michael Whapples <mwhapples aim com> writes:

    MW> After reading more about this topic, it seems that wx can
    MW> provide accessibility information about a widget, and this
    MW> accessibility information can be set by the app. I haven't been
    MW> able to find this part of the wx API in wxpython, may be its
    MW> something which has been missed out. Can I just check a few
    MW> things about orca and accessibility before I start discussing
    MW> this with the wx and wxPython developers.
What do you mean about QT4? It sould be accessible in Windows and linux.