Re: [orca-list] First steps with GUI programming/scripting

Hi,
On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 10:55:02AM -0500, Nolan Darilek wrote:
Hello.

Recently I began dabbling in GUI programming using WX/WXruby, and am
trying to develop an Orca script alongside the application. I'm
having a problem, though, in that Orca seems to think that my app is
called "wxruby" when trying to load a script.

I suppose I could call my script wxruby, but this behavior isn't
intended for all wxruby apps. Unfortunately, I don't know enough
about this to determine just what the problem is.

Where does Orca get application names? How are they set? My main
window is named correctly, but the application itself isn't.
I think, that programs can set the name with wich they appear in the
process list. You might try to change the 0th command line arg, but I
don't know if that is the way to do it i ruby.
In orca.py you can find
sys.argv[0] = "orca"

Greetings, Rudolf