Re: [orca-list] Orca with Firefox

Speaking strictly for myself, I hate forms mode. I won't go on with that
thought.

I do understand the need to quickly distinguish when one is, or is not,
on a form field. Might we perhaps pitch the speech differently? Add a
marker in the braille? Some set of strategies of the like?

Janina

Daniel Zingaro writes:
Hi all,

I am wondering how, in Firefox 3, one distinguishes between typing into a form field, and getting the keys
captured by Orca to perform the quick navigation features (like pressing 'o' to move between objects).
Windows screen readers have a forms mode feature where you can toggle between keys being passed through to
the browser, or used as navigation features for the screen reader. I'm wondering if this is a better/worse
idea than what is currently done in Orca and am interested in thoughts on this. (Apologies if this has
already been discussed, as I am having trouble navigating the list archive pages with my screen reader.)

Thanks,
Dan