[orca-list] can't compile speach-dispatcher beta 1 with following config errors.

hello,
I have tried to compile sd beta1 the latest for testing.
I get the following when I do ./configure
note that I am not putting the entire output but the last few lines of
the output.
note the last line.
checking if g++ static flag -static works... yes
checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool
Fixing libtool for -rpath problems.
checking for sqrt in -lm... yes

checking for main in -ldl... yes

checking for main in -ldotconf... no
*** Required DotConf library missing! See INSTALL .
I did not get any thing out of install instructions or may be I missed
some thing.
please suggest as to what I can do to get this running.
regards,
Krishnakant.