[orca-list] speech-dispatcher beta 1, no speech

Hi all, I installed the speech-dispatcher 0.6.4 beta 1 today, and have a few problems. Not sure if they are a problem with the beta or something on my system, but if someone could help me sort it out, it would be greatly appreciated. When I rebooted my computer after install, and recompiling the python bindings, I get no speech. I then got orca back to a speakable state, and found the following problems when I examined /var/log/speechd.log, I see the message "bad syntax from module Espeak. I also see some problems with module ibmtts. The messages are: Broken pipe to module and library not compiled with alsa support. Anyone have any suggestions? As always, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much in advance,

Guy