Re: [orca-list] speech-dispatcher beta 1, no speech

Hi all, I installed the speech-dispatcher 0.6.4 beta 1 today, and have a few problems.

Hello Guy,

I think the problem is that you are missing the ALSA developement packages.
Speech Dispatcher is configured with ALSA by default now. So either you need
to switch to OSS or NAS or install ALSA. I've written more in reply to your post
in the Speakup mailing list, so I won't crosspost my message here too.

Have a nice day,
Hynek Hanke