[orca-list] trying to use orca, and evolution/new ubuntu user

using orca to perform basic functions in ubuntu?        Hello,
I'm relatively new using orca, and ubuntu, and I guess Unix in general.
My name is justin Mann, and I come from a fairly strong
jfw/windows/typical blind computer user  back ground, so computers/ a
gui are concepts that are not unfamiliar.  I am however struggling with
how to use evolution for email/contacts/calendar/whatever.  'm also
finding the vestiva voice to be a bit raunchy.  it works, but it's a big
slugish, and unresponsive.  any help one can give I'd sure appreciate.