Re: [orca-list] No blinking cursor at Orca

That's an idea, may be orca should provide it, but also brltty could
offer a cursor, eg. in the orca control panel on the braille tab you
could have a combo box with options:
brltty cursor
constant cursor
blinking cursor

This then means that Orca specifies it, but users can use the brltty
one, and the brltty cursor could be the default option.

I think the answer comes from who we expect is going to use it, I would
say Orca may be more suited to people who know the windows type
operating system, where typically all apps have their own settings,
unlike unix which tends to use more deamon systems which specify the
options.

We could compare this case to speech-dispatcher, it sets some defaults,
but apps are free to configure things should they wish to. Also on
windows SAPI5 is the same, and you expect to configure which sapi5 voice
to use in a windows screen reader (not just use the sapi5 default). I
think braille options with brltty should go that way as well.

From
Michael Whapples