Re: [orca-list] updating orca failed/confused now

preferably you should get the packages you need from the internet rather
than those from the cd, (there might be newer versions), if you do have
access to the internet then this is not an issue.

make a copy of the sources.list file
then comment out the lines with "cdrom" in the /etc/apt/sources.list
using a hash # at the start of the line.

sudo cp /etc/apt/sources.list /etc/apt/sources.list.back
sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list

then save and exit ctrl+o (write file) ctrl+x (exit)

on the other hand if you dont have internet access then put in the cd
and cancel the dialogue box before doing the steps that you are
currently doing.

-Jon