Re: Orca Submenus in Firefox 3

Hermann wrote:
just have tested a little bit more and found out, that it seems to be an
Espeak problem.
I switched to Festival, and everything works, however a bit slow.

Do you mean Festival with Speech Dispatcher or with Gnome Speech?

If Festival with Gnome Speech works fine, could you also try festival
with Speech Dispatcher, please?  So that we know if the problem is in
the Speech Dispatcher backend or the synthesizer?  Unfortunately, I
can't test Firefox 3 myself right now.

Espeak and Speech-dispatcher really seem to become a serious problem, but I
need a German synthesizer, so I have to keep it.

If that's the fault of the Speech Dispatcher Orca backend (still
experimantal) I'm quite sure I'll be able to fix it...  Only need to
know more details.  The best would be to see Orca output with debug
logging turned on in your .orca/user-settings.py as follows:

 orca.debug.debugLevel = orca.debug.LEVEL_INFO

Thank you for cooperation.  Tomas.