To: <Orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 10:01 AM
Subject: Orca newbie question

Hello, I hope this is the approproiate place to ask the following
question.  I'm a windows user and decided to try out ubuntu6.10 so I
downloaded the live cd.  However, when I boot into the live cd and
choose orca, it speaks but I can't understand what it is saying
because the speach is staticy.  I can discern the voice through the
static but can't make out what iis being spoken.  I'm using a 2.80ghz
processor with 1gig of ram and a sound blaster audigy.  I'm also
running it in a VMware session.  I'm very new to linux so any help
would be apreciated.  Thanks,

Mike