Orca Firefox and funny chars being spoken

Hi,

When I use the latest nightly build of both orca and firefox I'm
getting some funny speech output on the www.google.com.au page.

I am using the emacspeak speech factory with the outloud server.

The things I have noticed are:
I am hearing a lot of "a circumflex" chars spoken as I arrow through
the page.  The content is spoken correctly just that there is a lot of
crud in terms of funny chars.

Could this be a problem specific to the emacspeak speech servers?

The other interesting thing is that links are correctly spoken in a
different voice but the rate of that voice is much slower than the
rest of the speech.

Cheers

Bart