Re: Orca Firefox and funny chars being spoken

Hi Bart:

I went through the page, and the only thing I can think of is that there
are some characters on the page that outloud might not like.  For
example, I see the "more Â" link has the >> symbol, which might not be
handled by outloud.  Only a guess, though.

In order to better see exactly what's being sent to the synthesis
driver, can you try setting the debug level up and sending me a log
file?

You can do this by putting the following at the end of your
~/.orca/user-settings.py file:

orca.debug.debugLevel = orca.debug.LEVEL_INFO
orca.debug.debugFile = open('debug.out', 'w', 0)

Then, when you run orca from a shell, the debug.out file will contain
information regarding what is being sent to speech.

For the voice rate problem, can you please send me your
~/.orca/user-settings.py file?  It may be that the rate of the link
voice is indeed set to be slower.  You can change this by editing your
~/.orca/user-settings.py file (look for the string 'hyperlink'), or you
can also edit the "Hyperlink" voice setting in the "Speech" tab in the
Orca preferences dialog.

Will