Re: Orca Query about installing decktalk for running in Ubuntu!

Hi Paul:

Running DECtalk's ./install.sh script as root ("sudo ./install.sh")
should do it.  I tend to modify the first line in ./locations.sh to the
following:

BASE_DIR="/usr"

As part of the ./install.sh, DECtalk should speak. If it doesn't, then
there were issues.  The most common issue is probably something wrong
with sound on the machine.  I sometimes find that unchecking the ESD
option in the "Sounds" tab in the "Sound
Preferences" (gnome-sound-properties) application makes DECtalk find its
voice.

Will