Orca archive manager

Is Archive Manager accessible in Orca?
From what I can tell when looking at it on my Laptop it appears accessible
or much of what I saw of it seems to be accessible.
I ask because I find the command line for it not very straight forward for a newby to Linux and I have downloaded the Network Manager using my Desktop and I am thinking of copying the source file onto my laptop and uncompressing it. Also if I have downloaded a source file be it Network Manager or some other file like it do I have to always mak-install or do different .Tar files have different ways of installing the extracted files?