Orca Braille support is gone in self voicing applications

Hi,
I use Firevox in Firefox 2.x, and I copied the self_voicing.py script in
my .orca directory.
When I start FF, only Firevox is talking, which is desired; but braille
is gon too.
What's the reason for this? Is it the consequence of using brltty
instead of an Orca own braille driver? And finally: Is there a way to
get braille back?
This would be useful since Firevox doesn't speak in all Firefox dialogs.
It mainly speaks on websites and in menus and additionally in java
script generated dialogs.
Any tips and hints?
Regards
Hermann