Re: Orca Regarding the term "flat review" in the text strings for

Hi Kenneth.

Thanks for translating!  It's extremely cool to see Orca being
translated into so many languages.

 problems. Could you please explain to me what the term "flat review"
is, does or describes.

This very question was raised by the Swedish translator.  I wonder if we
should add a section to the wiki explaining some of these concepts....

In the meantime, here is Will's original response:

Hi Daniel:

Thank you for translating!  The flat review mode of Orca treats the
window as a two dimensional sheet of text, eliminating any notion of
widget hierarchy or other logical grouping/hierarchy in the window.  The
user then navigates up/down, left/right, line-by-line, word-by-word, and
character-by-character.  Over time, we expect to improve this, but the
general idea is a flat (or spatial) review of text on the screen.

Hope this helps,

Will