[orca-list] orca suggestions and a question

Hello,

I'm currently using orca and ubuntu in a virtual machine and have some suggestions and a question. First the suggestions. 1. In firefox, is there plans to make it so that you can press a keystroke and select from a list of elements on a page such as links? I like to be able to jump to a link by this method for quicker brouzing. 2. i understand that it has been discussed on whether to present information on there own lines or not like is done in windows with other screen readers. I think this should be an option made available in the orca preferences so that one can select how they want things presented. 3. In listviews, we should be able to jump to items using first letter navigation. At least on my system when I press a letter it brings up a text box. Also I've noticed that orca doesn't always announce the number of items like it will say 0 items when there are more and when you press the arrow keys it doesn't speak and seems to hang. That's all the suggestions I have a few bugs in ubuntu and will post them in another message. Now here's my question. I'm using orca on ubuntu guttsy with voxin as my speech synth. When I upgraded to orca 2.22.4 and restarted I lost all speech. Is there something i need to do to insure I get speech when I upgraded? i built the dependencies as written in te docs. So far I'm very happy with orca and will be looking forward to testing it more. Sorry for the lingth of this message. Thanks,

Mike