Re: [orca-list] Again: The orca-customizations script

Hi Hermann:

I just tried Javier's script -- all I did was copy it to ~/.orca/orca-customizations.py and it worked. So, now, for how to go about debugging what might be happening on your machine. My only guess is that it might be a typo in the orca-customizations.py file. :-(

In your ~/.orca/user-settings.py, uncomment these two lines (they are near each other, but not next to each other):

orca.debug.debugLevel = orca.debug.LEVEL_ALL
orca.debug.debugFile = open('debug.out', 'w', 0)

Instead of 'debug.out', you might want to use '/tmp/debug.out' so you know exactly where the file will be.

Then, run orca from a terminal window or virtual console like so:

orca > /tmp/orca.out 2>&1

Then, try Orca+d and then quit Orca. Send me the /tmp/debug.out and /tmp/orca.out files and I will look at them. Please also send me your ~/.orca/orca-customizations.py file and I will look at it and also try it out.

Thanks!

Will

Hermann wrote:
My .orca folder contains two directories: app-settings and orca-scripts.
Furthermore user-settings.py and .pyc and __init__.py and .pyc, that are also in every subdirectory. I copied orca-customizations to .orca/orca-scripts/orca-customizations.py.
I downloaded the script from:
http://descargas.tiflolinux.org/
Hermann