Re: [orca-list] Reading dialog boxes with Orca

Hi Janina:

A double press should spell the word and a triple press should give you the military spelling. BTW, I hope it's 4/5/6 doing the word thing and not 1/2/3. 1/2/3 are for character exploration.

Hope this helps!

Will

Janina Sajka wrote:
Willie Walker writes:
the keypad keys in the desktop keyboard layout are
used to do a lot of the flat review and where am I stuff.  Keypad keys
7/8/9 are used for exploring by line, 4/5/6 for exploring by word, and
1/2/3 for exploring by character.

In the case where 1-2-3 take one over some widget, it seems the object
label is voiced. This would ordinarily be one or more words. I have
found I sometimes cannot understand the word. Is there something I
haven't learned yet, or a plan to allow spelling of that label? Is this
an RFE?

Janina