Re: [orca-list] openoffice word processor and Orca

From: "Willie Walker" <William Walker Sun COM>
Subject: Re: [orca-list] openoffice word processor and Orca

I'm curious about the automatic speaking of cursor position when you
press the tab key, though.  What do other users think?

If I am ever forced back into using "Office documents" I would like to have
the cursor position announced whenever I hit the tab key.  The reason for
this is that, as I remember it, the user can change tab environments without
any notification.  For example, two tabs can produce an inch of indentation
in one part of the document and 2.5 inches in another part of the document.

Therefore, in any WYSIWYG application, I believe Orca needs to provide exact
information on any offset used for formatting.

dave