Re: [orca-list] orca and speech-dispatcher

Michael Weaver napsal(a):
I tried installing speech-dispatcher a couple of times and found I had
to re-install Gutsy because Orca and Espeak stopped working
altogether.

Hello Michael,

Instead of reinstalling the whole system, you can always uninstall the
python-speechd package.  This will make Speech Dispatcher invisible to
Orca, so if you have any further problems, they are not caused by Speech
Dispatcher.

Now let's try to find the source of your problems.  Do you have Festival
installed?  Is it visible as a speech synthesiser with Gnome Speech in
Orca preferences?  Did you check the Troubleshooting section at
http://live.gnome.org/Orca/SpeechDispatcher ?

You definitely don't need to upgrade Orca or atspi to solve Speech
Dispatcher problems.  You need Orca 2.19.90 or later, which, I believe,
is the case for Gutsy.

Best regards

Tomas