[orca-list] More help with installing TTSynth.

Hello all,

Ok, I'm sorry to ask more questions about the installation of TTSynth
but after getting TTSynth installed, I compiled the latest version of
Gnome-speech obtained from the Gnome ftp site.

It compiled support for Viavoice automatically so I assume this will
work for TTSynth?

I tried installing the gnome-speech-ibmtts-0.4.14-1spk.i386 rpm but
that complained about a lot of missing dependencies.

I'm still getting use to the way the Ubuntu distribution does things
but one thing that's really confusing me is if you use something like
dpkg -l gnome-speech, nothing is shown.  It looks like the package
names are different or something.

When I compiled gnome-speech from source, I started orca again after a
reboot just to be sure but the TTSynth driver was not in the list of
synthesizers.

I also noticed that espeak support wasn't compiled automatically but
ESpeak seems to be the synth that Ubuntu comes with by default if I'm
not mistaken.  I could be wrong though.

I just need some clarification.  How do I get Gnome speech up and
running with TTSynth.

Thanks.

Darragh