Re: [orca-list] trying to get TTSynth installed on SuSE

I don't have much direct experience with Suse. However, Marco Skambraks
works for Suse in Germany and is responsible for much of their
accessibility, including Suse Blinux and their patch to support Orca
(posted here in the past few months). I've cc'd Marco on this email.

Marco wrote our ttsynth_say application, and he has a copy of TTSynth
1.0.

I am not sure about your libasound error, but I doubt it really is what
it appears on first blush. That library is provided by alsa-lib, which
I'm sure you must have.

Also, I presume you've installed compatibility for libstdc++ 2.96?

hth

Janina

Darragh writes:
Hello all,

I'm going absolutely crazy!

There are just too many dependancies needed in SuSE to get up and running
and I'm loosing the last remaining sanity I have at this stage.

Ok, Gnome-speech required gnome-speech-devel.  I found that this morning
when sleep deprevation was no longer clouding my thought processes so you'll
have to excuse the stupidity of my question last night.

I'm still not getting much further though.

TTSynth needs Libasound and it doesn't seem to be installed on SuSE 10.2.  I
found an rpm on GWDG but that's incompatible  with the installed version of
Alsa.

error: Failed dependencies:

        /lib/libasound.so.2 is needed by ttsynthcore-1.0-0.i386

        libibmeci.so is needed by gnome-speech-ibmtts-0.4.15-1spk.i386

        rtld(GNU_HASH) is needed by gnome-speech-ibmtts-0.4.15-1spk.i386

        ttsynthcore is needed by gnome-speech-ibmtts-0.4.15-1spk.i386

Do any of you have any suggestions as to where I should go from here?

This should be the easy part,  I expect getting speakup patched into the
SuSE  kernel to be much more difficult.

Any help would be welcome.

Darragh