[orca-list] trying to get TTSynth installed on SuSE

Hello all,

I’m going absolutely crazy!

There are just too many dependancies needed in SuSE to get up and running and I’m loosing the last remaining sanity I have at this stage.

Ok, Gnome-speech required gnome-speech-devel.  I found that this morning when sleep deprevation was no longer clouding my thought processes so you’ll have to excuse the stupidity of my question last night.

I’m still not getting much further though.

TTSynth needs Libasound and it doesn’t seem to be installed on SuSE 10.2.  I found an rpm on GWDG but that’s incompatible  with the installed version of Alsa.

error: Failed dependencies:

        /lib/libasound.so.2 is needed by ttsynthcore-1.0-0.i386

        libibmeci.so is needed by gnome-speech-ibmtts-0.4.15-1spk.i386

        rtld(GNU_HASH) is needed by gnome-speech-ibmtts-0.4.15-1spk.i386

        ttsynthcore is needed by gnome-speech-ibmtts-0.4.15-1spk.i386

Do any of you have any suggestions as to where I should go from here?

This should be the easy part,  I expect getting speakup patched into the SuSE  kernel to be much more difficult.

Any help would be welcome.

Darragh