Re: [orca-list] Orca with Yast?

I believe yast is only used by Suse/Novell. It is definitely not used by
Fedora or RHEL.

Janina

Peter Korn writes:
Hi Darragh,

Yast is still based on the KDE/Qt widget set, which does not yet give
Orca what it needs.  Yast is not used in all Linux distributions.
Notably, it is not part of Ubuntu.  Are you required to use RedHat or
SuSE as your Linux?

Regards,

Peter Korn
Accessibility Architect,
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Hello all,

The last I heard about two years ago, no Gnome A-T application would
work with Yast because it wasn't using GTK or something like that.

Is this still the case?  Will I have to use the text version?

I am going to be working with Linux again full time from september!
You wouldn't believe how fantastic it will be to finally stop working
with databases.

The last time I worked with Novell though, Yast was a reall pain.  I'm
hoping that some progress has been made.

Thanks

Darragh