Re: [orca-list] Boy did I pull a stupid is, as stupid duzz!

Hi Chris:

Bummer!  Let's first try a couple things -- the first will be to see if
Orca is working OK for you.  If you run orca with the "--version"
option, do you get the Orca version that you expect?  In addition, does
Orca work OK with various GTK+ applications, such as gnome-terminal,
gedit, gcalctool?  If so, then Orca is probably OK.

The next will be to get a new version of firefox.  In a terminal window,
grab the latest Firefox (as of this morning, EDT) using wget:

wget
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/firefox-3.0a8pre.en-US.linux-i686.tar.bz2

Then extract/run it after making sure you've quit/killed any other
version of Firefox that might be running:

bunzip2 -c firefox-3.0a8pre.en-US.linux-i686.tar.bz2 | tar xvf -
./firefox/firefox

This should get you the latest stuff.  It's been a little unstable
lately, but the Mozilla team has been working hard and things are
getting better each day.

Hope this helps,

Will