[orca-list] I RTF emmed, but still can't get this to work, please help

Guys,

I am hoping and praying one of you all who is familiar at quite extent with Linux can help me out here. I currently have the version of Orca that came with Feisty 7.04. It's not the most recent build. I am having some issue that are going to require me update to the most recent. I'm running Firefox 3, but it doesn't quite seem to be working the greatest. It kind a does but not very well. Yes I did get that issue fixed... lol. any who... I looked on

live.ghnome.org/orca

and followed the steps in Ubuntu to install the latest version of Orca, but it's not seeming to work. I've done it at least 3 times. I verified my work and looked and looked and looked to be sure I was doing everything just as said. yes I know case and punctuation do matter. I did everything exactly as shown. Remember I have both a windows and a linux machine, so that is how I did it, I used the windows machine to look at the directions then typed them in on the linux box.

Anyway, I am making no progress and not being able to browse the web very easily on the machine is driving me nuts. Please can someone help me get Orca updated if its not too involved or at least give me a bit of a hand bare minimal.

I'd rather not float my number around on list, but if you have flat rate ld and could either call me or give me your number and let me call you, so we could work thorugh this, or, e-mail me off list, for the login info, and I'll give it to you and let you ssh in and fix it.

Gosh there was one guy in the Linux community I used to know but I don't recfall his phone number nor his last name but he was a bigtime speakup/slackware guy dono if he'd know abouot Ubuntu but he used to help me out and was really good, his name was Joseph, that's all I remember. I'd know his last name if I heard it. anyway, sure wish I could get ahold a him as he was awesome. anyway that's aside the point.

anyway if anyone can help let me know, I don't mind letting someone in as root to fix it for me. I trust yall. I tried calling one other person who's name I will not mention but just so he or she knows I'm referring to them, their name starts with a G and it was I think their cell that I called. anyway, they're not seeming to be the most reliable. they say they'll call me and never do even after leaving messages. so... I'm pretty much now at the point of saying they'll call or else I'll find other sources. Again I looked at the wiki but it's not seeming to really help in this respect.

Chris.