[orca-list] problems with punctuation in orca

I seem to be having a problem with punctuation in Orca when writing
text documents be it email, the standard editor in fact anything where
I am imputing text.
What I mean is when I press Apostrophe or Quotes I get a beeping noise
like an error message and any letter I type after that is missing or
is run together for example if I type Michael's web site, all I get is
Michaels Web Site.
This is verry annoying if I am writing raw HTMl because it is making
it impossible to create my hyperlinks, a field for my email etc.
How do I resolve this problem?
I use Ubuntu Feisty and a UK keyboard where apostrophe is supposed to
be to the right of the keyboard, at is shift Apostrophe and shift 2 is
Double Quotes.
I can't understand why I am having this problem which I have had since
Ubuntu has been installed as the At sign works fine.