[orca-list] debian etch help in installing

Hello listers,
I am new to the world of orca so please excuse my inaccurate questions.
I would like to install it on the debian etch system. I have read theorca wiki and given steps seem to be pretty clear even for a novice like I am but I still don't know which packages I have to install prior to trying to compile orca. I even don't know how to check which version of gnome my system has. I have found that gnome-orca package exists within the experimental debian repository but I cant find URL to that repository to put into sources.list either. I thought that I can first try to install dependencies for that package and then assuming I have everything I need install orca as stated in the wiki. I had never gnome or any graphical enviromment started now I am using brltty in the console only. So I have got only default etch's stuff installed. I think gnome is there but I dont know which version. Would it also be possible to update gnome to the latest version? I believe now when orca is a part of it this would also be a working solution.
As for the synthesis I have got festival installed and working.
Please advice what is the best way for me and please be patient with me. Give as much details as you can or point me to appropriate place if this is not a proper list for such questions please.

Greetings

Peter