[orca-list] using the latest orca with gentoo

In case anyone is using gentoo as I am, here is what I have done to get and maintain the latest orca tree.

#1.  I assume that you have all necessary system services configured in the default run-level.  In
particular, for
gnome-2.18, it is necessary to have esound configured to start at boot time.  To do this, type, as root:
rc-update add esound default
#2.  If you have emerged orca, you will need to unmerge it to keep portage from happily downgrading your
bleeding-edge
tree whenever it thinks it needs to upgrade your orca.  To do this, type, as root:
emerge --unmerge orca
Now, you can safely maintain the subversion orca tree yourself, and the directions in the existing orca
documentation
for obtaining, configuring, and installing svn sources should work for you.
Share and Enjoy!
Josh
Oh yeah, if this is helpful, and if someone knows wiki markup, feel free to put this blurb there if it will
be useful