Re: [orca-list] can't set up the build environment for Orca on Ubuntu

Hi,
Try to write
sudo apt-get update
first followed by
sudo apt-get build-dep gnome-orca

On Di, Apr 24, 2007 at 07:18:37 +0300, Mohammed Al-shar'
wrote:
hi listers.

I am back now, after I got a new machine dedicated for ubuntu. I installed
ubuntu feisty (the dvd version) and it all went smoothly. I would like to
report that that system boots very fast, even faster than xp.

anyway, my problem is when I issue "sudo apt-get build-dep gnome-orca" it
tells me:
e: could not open file
/var/lib/apt/lists/jo.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_feisty_universe_fource_Fources
  - open (2 no such file or directory)

what do you think is going wrong? it happens with the dvd in the drive or
not in it, no difference. note also that pinging any internet url will work,
even if I do "ping ubuntu.com".

thanks alot.
Mohammed Al-shar'